Its been an amazing journey of 5 years of marriage with you dear wife, if I sit back and think about these years it just feels like a fraction of second. The memories of the day I first heard about you, the day it was decided that I'll see you soon and the day when we actually met are fresh like smell of a fresh rose in the garden. How refreshing it was to have a first look at your lovely self. How beautiful was your sight that it seemed to be the only thing I ever longed in my life.
Very soon we both got into relation and very soon we became partners for life. I cant stop thanking my gods for allowing me such a bubbly, luvly and wonderful life partner. Since the day we tied knot in 2006 we are nearing completion of 5th year of our marriage and all these times just look like a beautiful dream. And to my good luck I am not afraid seeing this dream over and over again because I am fortunate to have it turned into my reality. Many days have come and gone in my life sweet heart, but the day I'll remember through out my life minute by minute is the day when I had seen you for very first time,,,,even simple mention of that day brings on a smile on my face as it is right now when I'm writting this.
So for your this birthday (sorry for being a little late), I want to give these memories of mine as a gift to you sweet heart.
It would have been a normal Sunday evening for millions of Mumbaikars in month of July '05. Life was going along with normal routine of weekend for most of them. At the same time right from early in the morning at 7 when I woke up my mind was occupied with thoughts of you. I'll not pretend by saying that for me songs started playing in the air some filmy style, all my thoughts were to plan an escape from this meeting without hurting anyone's feelings. Getting into relation was not something I had ever thought at such early age. Many ideas came into mind, many thoughts passed by but for some reasons hours of the day were not passing by despite hectic work on Sunday at the super store where I worked. For some reasons my focus was not on work but some thing else.
I felt awkward at this state of mine. Why am I engaged in thoughts of someone whose pic I have not seen? When I'm dead sure that I am going to say no why am I thinking so much about what will I say and things? Ok enough is enough I had told myself, I can take a chill pill as the final decision was left with me by my parents to say yes or no. And I'm dead sure I knew how to buy them in for my opinion. Ok so relax dude, its just formality out of pressure. But how silly I was not to have understood that it was going to be the meeting of my life.
All chill pills went in vain as clocks ticked past 6.15. I was supposed to get a call from my uncle about comfirming that he has reached your place and than I was supposed to leave my work place. The call was expected at around 6, and swear on my holy god those 15 minutes felt like 15 lives. I did nothing but watching a wall clock on the Goregaon station. Finally I ran out of patience and called up your number and encountered a young female voice. And something from within told me it was not you, I did not know you had a sister at that time otherwise I would have guessed. So I finally boarded a 6.27 slow local from Goregaon for Borivali, minutes later cursing myself for doing such dumb thing as not taking an auto and reaching much quicker. And again cursing myself like hell for wearing t-shirt which had got crumbled in my office bag. I seriously could not understand if I was anxious, worried, happy or sad at that time for this meeting.
Train took ages to reach Borivali station and I literally rushed out of it to catch an auto. I hustled many fellow passengers to reach outside and shouted at one of the auto fella "Sai baba nagar???" the moment he nodded I jumped in. I still remember the pumping of blood I was feeling in my body. Something such had never ever happend to me in my past, something strange was happening. The auto took me to auto station of Sai Baba Nagar fairly quickly, where I had spotted my uncle, Maitreya and one another gentlemen who I thought could be your dad. Very soon my doubt was cleared by uncle that he is Mr Madhusudan Thaker your honorable father (through out the meeting plan uncle kept telling my mom on phone, "Madhu na ghare meeting fix thai chhe", so now I know who Madhu is!!!!).
The journey from auto stand to Samarth Complex is something I hardly remember, all I remember is the moment I stepped in the flat no B 108. There was something special about that moment, that time, that place and yes not to forget the people present at that time in there. There was some sort of positive vibe that I was feeling the moment I stepped in and got the glimpse of one HAPPY FAMILY. The welcome from the elderly ladies (3 of them sitting in front of me) was very warm. My uncle already present in there hardly provided any introduction to any of them. One of them was Chandravaliben is all I knew as I had heard that name tons of time from uncle and my mom. And as per my vague memory she is this girl's grand mother. Ok so back to the place. Apart from three senior citizens I had already seen Mr Thaker, there was one more lady who I guessed was Mrs Thaker (I still did not know name of mother of my would be life partner!!!). And one more sweet looking girl in her late teens. One thing was sure, she is not the one coz in our traditional families no ways a girl will dare to wear jeans when someone is there to see her for probable wedding. Yeah but looking at this sweet little teen and mom I guessed mine one has to be very beautiful.
As not only the faces, even nature of people was so beautiful to ignore. Frankly I never expected such warm welcome and homely feeling. As always I need no push to start talking, I was very free to have words with all elderly ladies. No one seem to be interested in what I work, what earn, where do I stay and all typical questions in such meetings. All I felt was they were just interested in welcoming me to their own family, or rather they already had done so. I literally felt at home without no hiccups or troubles. With all such great feelings I got all the more anxious to see the girl for whom I was there. I was waiting and seeing clock as to how long it will be before she'll come out with some snax or what so ever. I already had water by now so that thing was out of question. So it will be either tea or snax, ok wait is on. Come on man someone ask 'What would you prefer? Tea or coffee?',, but my thoughts were interrupted by my auntie with a sudden shock. She said 'Go inside, in that room and meet her first'.
And I was like WHAT? Are you nuts? How can I go in someone's bedroom like that? I mean someone atleast come with me to introduce me to her. How can I go inside and say hey lady, I am here to see you. But thankfully auntie got the message looking at my face and she along with Mrs Thaker accompanied me to the room. But swear on God, I never expected one to one meeting in the room, I thought it would be public affair like the way they show in movies or TV in front of 10 people. Yahoooo, it will be great!!!! One to one meeting, huh I can be my ownself there. Great.
So there I was escorted by my would be MIL and my auntie taking steps into the room, and there yes there I got the first glimpse of my life. Yes there she was, relaxing on the bed. She looked so beautiful, sweet, gentle and I dont know what all words to use. For the instance I was not able to take eyes off her, her eternal beauty was something that did me in for the first time. Some thing from within told me, I WANT THIS GIRL TO BE MINE. She looked fantastic in that light blue coloured printed punjabi suit. With some highlights of golden colour in hair, big prominent eyes, round chubby cheek balls and to top it up with sweet smile on that face added glow to her glamour. She looked like a lamp that was giving light to the whole place. And very next moment I was hit hard by reality that I was terribly dressed. Holy shit, gone with the wind buddy, girls observe these things very easily and first. First impression is going to be screwed up boy, you're finished.
Before I took composure of my mind, Mrs Thaker introduced me to her. With very encouraging words 'at our level we know families very well, so its all up to you two. Whatever be your decision we'll welcome.' It was very soothing to hear and soon they excused us to have chat of our lives. To decide Go or No Go for each other. I had exactly some 15-20 minutes to get this amazing girl in my life I told myself.
Very frankly, all plans, all logics, all rationality name anything and it was put to the rest. I was not driven by any of those things, there was something else which was leading me through that time. I dont know what it was, it was nothing earthy or any short lived affectuation. It was a feeling I still get whenever I see you dear wife, whenever you're sleeping, you're reading, you're sitting on the seat next to me in the car, it was just the same feeling. May be it was energy of god, blessings of elders whatever it was it just helped me to make up my mind. It helped me make the best decision of my life, it made me put my best foot forward in those 30 minutes. It helped me get YOU in my life.
Sorry for interruption, back to the scene,,,, without wasting even a moment I started conversation. I still remember first line which I said 'Ok, I am all yours, ask me whatever you want to'. And I still remember the smile that line gave to your face. It was so wonderful. Rest of the words said are immaterial as I was just going with the flow. Frankly I never wanted that time to get over, I did not want to stand up from there and take my eyes off you sweet heart. Nothing mattered to me, your back ground, your education, your family, your any other thing for that matter. What mattered was you. And I want to keep that feeling alive in me through out my life. Even today for me nothing else matteres, who cares what life I am living, its the best life I have got coz I have got you my wife. I love you loads.
Back to ground zero, I was little embarassed to drag conversation for over 40 minutes. Finally it had to be ended by sweet looking teen by interrupting in the room and asking 'should I send your snax inside or are you coming out?'. Booom,,, it was like a knock out punch. Very politely sweet one told me 'Get the hell out of here!!!' well just kidding. I am sure she would have no such thoughts. So there it was, on my way out I could not resist to ask is it yes or no from your side. But I had to re-phrase it so I asked 'So, how did you find me? You like me or not?' And came in your final answer,, 'Well ball is in your court!!!'. Phew,,, it sounded very encouraging. I felt as if you said yes to me. And with that I left the room.
Oh goodness, that was the experience of life. Whatever happened afterwards was immaterial. The evening of my life was lived till the moment I stepped out. I felt like a Gladiator coming out of arena after winning the biggest battle of his life. I got sense of achievement which I had never got before.
As we are nearing the 5 years of togetherness, dear wife I want to gift the sweetest memories of my life to you as a Belated Birthday Gift. There could not be any bigger, cherished, possessed, prized and the most most most important feeling of mine than the one which was born on the day see you for the first time. Today I am giving this as a gift to you, to share with you the most beautiful experience of my life.
May God bless you with all the happiness, love and luxury in life. And may god bless me with you in my all life. Love you loads,
Yours Always,
Hubby
Very soon we both got into relation and very soon we became partners for life. I cant stop thanking my gods for allowing me such a bubbly, luvly and wonderful life partner. Since the day we tied knot in 2006 we are nearing completion of 5th year of our marriage and all these times just look like a beautiful dream. And to my good luck I am not afraid seeing this dream over and over again because I am fortunate to have it turned into my reality. Many days have come and gone in my life sweet heart, but the day I'll remember through out my life minute by minute is the day when I had seen you for very first time,,,,even simple mention of that day brings on a smile on my face as it is right now when I'm writting this.
So for your this birthday (sorry for being a little late), I want to give these memories of mine as a gift to you sweet heart.
It would have been a normal Sunday evening for millions of Mumbaikars in month of July '05. Life was going along with normal routine of weekend for most of them. At the same time right from early in the morning at 7 when I woke up my mind was occupied with thoughts of you. I'll not pretend by saying that for me songs started playing in the air some filmy style, all my thoughts were to plan an escape from this meeting without hurting anyone's feelings. Getting into relation was not something I had ever thought at such early age. Many ideas came into mind, many thoughts passed by but for some reasons hours of the day were not passing by despite hectic work on Sunday at the super store where I worked. For some reasons my focus was not on work but some thing else.
I felt awkward at this state of mine. Why am I engaged in thoughts of someone whose pic I have not seen? When I'm dead sure that I am going to say no why am I thinking so much about what will I say and things? Ok enough is enough I had told myself, I can take a chill pill as the final decision was left with me by my parents to say yes or no. And I'm dead sure I knew how to buy them in for my opinion. Ok so relax dude, its just formality out of pressure. But how silly I was not to have understood that it was going to be the meeting of my life.
All chill pills went in vain as clocks ticked past 6.15. I was supposed to get a call from my uncle about comfirming that he has reached your place and than I was supposed to leave my work place. The call was expected at around 6, and swear on my holy god those 15 minutes felt like 15 lives. I did nothing but watching a wall clock on the Goregaon station. Finally I ran out of patience and called up your number and encountered a young female voice. And something from within told me it was not you, I did not know you had a sister at that time otherwise I would have guessed. So I finally boarded a 6.27 slow local from Goregaon for Borivali, minutes later cursing myself for doing such dumb thing as not taking an auto and reaching much quicker. And again cursing myself like hell for wearing t-shirt which had got crumbled in my office bag. I seriously could not understand if I was anxious, worried, happy or sad at that time for this meeting.
Train took ages to reach Borivali station and I literally rushed out of it to catch an auto. I hustled many fellow passengers to reach outside and shouted at one of the auto fella "Sai baba nagar???" the moment he nodded I jumped in. I still remember the pumping of blood I was feeling in my body. Something such had never ever happend to me in my past, something strange was happening. The auto took me to auto station of Sai Baba Nagar fairly quickly, where I had spotted my uncle, Maitreya and one another gentlemen who I thought could be your dad. Very soon my doubt was cleared by uncle that he is Mr Madhusudan Thaker your honorable father (through out the meeting plan uncle kept telling my mom on phone, "Madhu na ghare meeting fix thai chhe", so now I know who Madhu is!!!!).
The journey from auto stand to Samarth Complex is something I hardly remember, all I remember is the moment I stepped in the flat no B 108. There was something special about that moment, that time, that place and yes not to forget the people present at that time in there. There was some sort of positive vibe that I was feeling the moment I stepped in and got the glimpse of one HAPPY FAMILY. The welcome from the elderly ladies (3 of them sitting in front of me) was very warm. My uncle already present in there hardly provided any introduction to any of them. One of them was Chandravaliben is all I knew as I had heard that name tons of time from uncle and my mom. And as per my vague memory she is this girl's grand mother. Ok so back to the place. Apart from three senior citizens I had already seen Mr Thaker, there was one more lady who I guessed was Mrs Thaker (I still did not know name of mother of my would be life partner!!!). And one more sweet looking girl in her late teens. One thing was sure, she is not the one coz in our traditional families no ways a girl will dare to wear jeans when someone is there to see her for probable wedding. Yeah but looking at this sweet little teen and mom I guessed mine one has to be very beautiful.
As not only the faces, even nature of people was so beautiful to ignore. Frankly I never expected such warm welcome and homely feeling. As always I need no push to start talking, I was very free to have words with all elderly ladies. No one seem to be interested in what I work, what earn, where do I stay and all typical questions in such meetings. All I felt was they were just interested in welcoming me to their own family, or rather they already had done so. I literally felt at home without no hiccups or troubles. With all such great feelings I got all the more anxious to see the girl for whom I was there. I was waiting and seeing clock as to how long it will be before she'll come out with some snax or what so ever. I already had water by now so that thing was out of question. So it will be either tea or snax, ok wait is on. Come on man someone ask 'What would you prefer? Tea or coffee?',, but my thoughts were interrupted by my auntie with a sudden shock. She said 'Go inside, in that room and meet her first'.
And I was like WHAT? Are you nuts? How can I go in someone's bedroom like that? I mean someone atleast come with me to introduce me to her. How can I go inside and say hey lady, I am here to see you. But thankfully auntie got the message looking at my face and she along with Mrs Thaker accompanied me to the room. But swear on God, I never expected one to one meeting in the room, I thought it would be public affair like the way they show in movies or TV in front of 10 people. Yahoooo, it will be great!!!! One to one meeting, huh I can be my ownself there. Great.
So there I was escorted by my would be MIL and my auntie taking steps into the room, and there yes there I got the first glimpse of my life. Yes there she was, relaxing on the bed. She looked so beautiful, sweet, gentle and I dont know what all words to use. For the instance I was not able to take eyes off her, her eternal beauty was something that did me in for the first time. Some thing from within told me, I WANT THIS GIRL TO BE MINE. She looked fantastic in that light blue coloured printed punjabi suit. With some highlights of golden colour in hair, big prominent eyes, round chubby cheek balls and to top it up with sweet smile on that face added glow to her glamour. She looked like a lamp that was giving light to the whole place. And very next moment I was hit hard by reality that I was terribly dressed. Holy shit, gone with the wind buddy, girls observe these things very easily and first. First impression is going to be screwed up boy, you're finished.
Before I took composure of my mind, Mrs Thaker introduced me to her. With very encouraging words 'at our level we know families very well, so its all up to you two. Whatever be your decision we'll welcome.' It was very soothing to hear and soon they excused us to have chat of our lives. To decide Go or No Go for each other. I had exactly some 15-20 minutes to get this amazing girl in my life I told myself.
Very frankly, all plans, all logics, all rationality name anything and it was put to the rest. I was not driven by any of those things, there was something else which was leading me through that time. I dont know what it was, it was nothing earthy or any short lived affectuation. It was a feeling I still get whenever I see you dear wife, whenever you're sleeping, you're reading, you're sitting on the seat next to me in the car, it was just the same feeling. May be it was energy of god, blessings of elders whatever it was it just helped me to make up my mind. It helped me make the best decision of my life, it made me put my best foot forward in those 30 minutes. It helped me get YOU in my life.
Sorry for interruption, back to the scene,,,, without wasting even a moment I started conversation. I still remember first line which I said 'Ok, I am all yours, ask me whatever you want to'. And I still remember the smile that line gave to your face. It was so wonderful. Rest of the words said are immaterial as I was just going with the flow. Frankly I never wanted that time to get over, I did not want to stand up from there and take my eyes off you sweet heart. Nothing mattered to me, your back ground, your education, your family, your any other thing for that matter. What mattered was you. And I want to keep that feeling alive in me through out my life. Even today for me nothing else matteres, who cares what life I am living, its the best life I have got coz I have got you my wife. I love you loads.
Back to ground zero, I was little embarassed to drag conversation for over 40 minutes. Finally it had to be ended by sweet looking teen by interrupting in the room and asking 'should I send your snax inside or are you coming out?'. Booom,,, it was like a knock out punch. Very politely sweet one told me 'Get the hell out of here!!!' well just kidding. I am sure she would have no such thoughts. So there it was, on my way out I could not resist to ask is it yes or no from your side. But I had to re-phrase it so I asked 'So, how did you find me? You like me or not?' And came in your final answer,, 'Well ball is in your court!!!'. Phew,,, it sounded very encouraging. I felt as if you said yes to me. And with that I left the room.
Oh goodness, that was the experience of life. Whatever happened afterwards was immaterial. The evening of my life was lived till the moment I stepped out. I felt like a Gladiator coming out of arena after winning the biggest battle of his life. I got sense of achievement which I had never got before.
As we are nearing the 5 years of togetherness, dear wife I want to gift the sweetest memories of my life to you as a Belated Birthday Gift. There could not be any bigger, cherished, possessed, prized and the most most most important feeling of mine than the one which was born on the day see you for the first time. Today I am giving this as a gift to you, to share with you the most beautiful experience of my life.
May God bless you with all the happiness, love and luxury in life. And may god bless me with you in my all life. Love you loads,
Yours Always,
Hubby
No comments:
Post a Comment